Sunday 13 June 2010

Heaven, dolls' food and a tag


Quite regularly I go to Chartwell which was once the home of a grand man .
As I said, I go rather often there, but this time Spring was amongst the guests.

I truly thought I was in Heaven.


So, I could't help to take as many photos as I could because I wanted to share this with you.

I haven't edited the photos (in the film) at all as nature , you will see, had no need to be embellished nor disguised.




Once back home , I felt the urge to create something.

I was busy like a little bee.

So I baked a few sweets for dolls.

In fact, this is for one doll only...shhhh...



I feel so revived and full of life! I hope you are feeling the same my dear friends.


I am going to take time to prepare lots of goodies as it is soon time for the annual Mad Tea Party hosted by the fabulous Vanessa from A Fanciful Twist.

Then I found out that I had been tagged by a blog friend, Sylvie.

I don't usually play those games but thought I could give it a go for this time.

I have to answer 5 questions then tag 5 other blogs.

Distinguishing Feature: my fingers are double jointed!

Bad souvenir: I won't mention it here on the blog.

Souvenir from childhood: I could spend hours making my own toys with anything I could find. (Think am not so different now...)

One of my flaws: I am too honest. It doesn't always help in this very strange world...

A happy film I'd recommend: hmmmmm..let me think...MONSTER INC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent for the mood!

Now...who should I tag?

Well, let's make it different and surprising this time:

I am goint to tag:

1) Mangocheeks from Allotment 2 kitchen because she makes the most beautiful dishes and shares her very healthy cuisine made with everything from her garden.


2)Susie Jefferson from 1rst Floor Flat because she is the mastress of the internet. Her knowledge and advice are sooo precious believe me!


3)Sheila from The Quintessential Magpie who is a wonderful and dedicated person and has known how to remain young at heart.

4) Lisette from Lisettesminiaturen who has taken time to help me sort out my Google translator so everybody can read this blog. I am still looking for something to do to thank her but wanted her to know with this tag that I haven't forgotten her.

5)Juliet from JulietK who is a loyal blog friend. It has been a while now, like many of you that we have been sharing creativity,sadness and laughter through blogging.

Thank you for still being here in my little dolly world.

19 comments:

Lisette said...

Hi Papilon,
Thanks for tag.
More people can your blog to read with google translator ;-)

Greeting Lisette

Unknown said...

Very beautiful place you share with us.
Thanks for your video.
I wish you all the best, Patricia.

couleursetgourmandises said...

de bien belles photos!
et les gourmandises, mummm-)

bonne semaine à toi aussi, chez nous c'est triste pluie et vent...je crois que cet après midi nous allons faire des tuiles au carambar!

miniacollection said...

Très agréable vidéo, j'adore la campagne anglaise. Cela fait du bien, bientôt je vais être en Angleterre avec des groupes de jeunes, j'espère que le temps sera beau.
Gros bisous
Geneviève

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Loved your film, Patricia, and I also loved reading your answers! I will have to think of my answers and post them soon. I'm honored you would consider me!

Chartwell must be an amazing place. England is truly glorious in the spring and in every season, for that matter! I have been in the summer and fall, and I enjoyed both seasons immensely.

XO,

Sheila :-)

CHILDRENSALON said...

;-)

julietk said...

Thank you for thinking of me and for your friendship :-) Beautiful Place, Lucky old Winston :-) I have been creating for the Mad Tea party too. I am dying to show what I have done :-) Naughty of me but it pains me to wait. I will be at the Craft Fair on the opening day of Vanessa's Party but will be looking forward to catching up when I get in. The We Make London Fair is in the Old Chelsea Town Hall starting 11 oclock Sat 26 June, The first seventy people through the doors will get a Goodie bag too. I have waffled enough :-D bye

flo said...

It's so cute... Honey, white tree, and sweet...

Christine said...

Such great pictures..I don't blame you for taking so many! The sudden blooming of flowers and great weather has boosted my spirits ,giving me a lot of energy too..hooray for both of us!

Can't wait to see what you create for the Tea Party:)

Ann said...

Heavenly video Patricia - thanks for sharing your lovely visit with us.

Anonymous said...

Heaven
I'm in heaven
And my heart beats
So that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find
The happiness I seek
When we're out together
Dancing cheek to cheek
♬ ♫ ♪

This is just beautiful my sweet friend! I love it!!! Like you,i used to enjoy so much making my own toys... but nothing changed for me either :-D

Love ya and your wonderful poetry

CHILDRENSALON said...

;-)

j.str. said...

These white flowers are wonderful!

Your Doll is so lucky, but she should be carefull about her line:P

Marcel said...

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Je t'envoie la fée bleue Edward ★

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I would love to visit there. I wish I could partispate in the Mad Hatter tea party. I did last year and it was loads of fun. I enjoyed reading the meme :>)

parlance said...

You are so lucky to live near Chartwell! I remember visiting it once, many, many years ago.

Your photos are lovely, and that second one, of the white flowers, is magnificent.

January Asia said...

We have passed along an award to you. See for yourself:
http://caffeinatedglobe.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award-bestowed-on.html

January Asia & Steven Hui

nannykim said...

Loved your film!! Very pretty! I don't do tags, but I like to read others when they are short!

Shaheen said...

I am really humbled and honoured and accept graciously, but when I started my blog I decided not to participate in Awards and tags for personal reasons. I hope you understand. Kindest of wishes as always.